Rioja Crianza Bodegas Ostatu 2014

Rioja Crianza Bodegas Ostatu 2014

Regular price £14.50 Sale

Bodegas Ostatu enjoys a prime position in Samaniego in the heart of the famous Alavesa Basque region. Small enough to be perfectly controlled, the 32 hectare estate is run by Mariasun Saenz and her family. They use a mix of modern methods and French oak barrels to exploit the full potential of Bodegas Ostatu's superb vineyards. The result is a collection of precise wines with a great sense of terroir and well preserved fruit.

Made from some of the oldest vines (between 25 and 50 years old) from Bodegas Ostatu’s highest vineyards, Rioja Crianza 2014 is a blend of 90% Tempranillo with the remaining 10% made up by Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha. Deeply coloured with heady aromas of blackberries, plums and a touch of cedar, the palate is full bodied with firm, grippy tannins adding good structure to the wine.

Grapes: 90% Tempranillo, 10% Graciano, Mazuelo, Garnacha